This super simple bacon and mushroom risotto is perfect for the days when you’re craving carbs 😉
I know a warm pasta dish is not really summer vibes but I’ve been craving all types of risotto lately and decided to share one of my favorites with you.
- Slice the mushrooms
- Peel and chop your onion into small pieces
- Prep the chicken stock
- Use scissors to cut your bacon into 2-3cm strips.
- Preheat your oven on gas mark 4
- Put your oven-proof pot on medium-high heat, add the oil
- Add the onion and bacon, I prefer when the bacon goes crispy (5-7 minutes) so it adds some texture to the meal but it’s really up to you. Stir every few minutes to ensure everything cooks equally
- Add garlic, cook for another minute
- Pour 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and add the rice. Give it 30 seconds or so for the dish to absorb the vinegar then add your chicken stock
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for a minute
- Put the lid of the dish and cook on gas 4 for 20 minutes. (It’s important to cover the pot so the risotto doesn’t dry out)
I hope you all enjoy this easy and delicious bacon and mushroom risotto recipe as much as I do. If you’re looking for more simple recipes, you can check out my One-pan autumn chicken recipe.
This looks so yummy! I’ve never put apple cider vinegar in my risotto before. Will definitely try this recipe out next time. It’s one of my favourite dishes to cook!