This super simple bacon and mushroom risotto is perfect for the days when you’re craving carbs 😉
I know a warm pasta dish is not really summer vibes but I’ve been craving all types of risotto lately and decided to share one of my favorites with you.
- Slice the mushrooms
- Peel and chop your onion into small pieces
- Prep the chicken stock
- Use scissors to cut your bacon into 2-3cm strips.
- Preheat your oven on gas mark 4
- Put your oven-proof pot on medium-high heat, add the oil
- Add the onion and bacon, I prefer when the bacon goes crispy (5-7 minutes) so it adds some texture to the meal but it’s really up to you. Stir every few minutes to ensure everything cooks equally
- Add garlic, cook for another minute
- Pour 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and add the rice. Give it 30 seconds or so for the dish to absorb the vinegar then add your chicken stock
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for a minute
- Put the lid of the dish and cook on gas 4 for 20 minutes. (It’s important to cover the pot so the risotto doesn’t dry out)
I hope you all enjoy this easy and delicious bacon and mushroom risotto recipe as much as I do. If you’re looking for more simple recipes, you can check out my One-pan autumn chicken recipe.